PRAYER
May the spoken words of my mouth, the thoughts of my heart, win favour in your sight, O Lord. (Psalm 18:15)

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday of Holy Week


"The Lord God is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame." (Isaiah 50:7)
Why do you look around you here, since this is not the place of your rest? Your rest must be in healvenly things, and you must look on all earthly things as transitory and passing away.
All things pass away, and you together with them...Christ was despised by all men in the world, and in his greatest need was forsaken by His acquaintances and friends, and left in the midst of reproaches.
He was willing to suffer wrongs and to be dispised, and do you dare to complain of anything?
Christ had many adversaries and backbiters; do you wish to have all men as your friends and benefactors?
How shall your patience win its crown, if no adversity befall you?
If you are not willing to suffer opposition, how will you be a friend of Christ?
Bear up with Christ and for Christ, if you desire to reign with Christ.

Thomas a Kempis
The Imitation of Christ
Courtesy: Living Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment