PRAYER
May the spoken words of my mouth, the thoughts of my heart, win favour in your sight, O Lord. (Psalm 18:15)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Holy Thursday - A Transforming Experience

"This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." (1Corinthians 11:24)


Those of us who experience our First Communion as children may sometimes take this precious sacrament for granted, but those who come to it as adults tend to treasure it.
I heard many stories about the place of honor that Eucharist takes in the lives of the faithful when I was inteviewing people for a book about why Catholics choose the faith. One man who had been estranged from the Church talked of returning because he felt empty without the Eucharist. A woman who became Cathlic after marriage was drawn to the opportunity to be with Christ through the Eucharist almost any time she chooses. And a Catholic man who rediscovered his faith as a teenager found an intimacy in the Eucharist that he believes can transform our hearts.
May we all experience that transformation on this Holy Day.

Beth Dotson Brown
Beth Dotson Brown is the auther of Yes! I Am Catholic: How Faith Plays a Role in My Life, published by St. Mary's Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment